Resumé / CV
07521 108 166
I am a highly competent person that believes in challenging myself further by not just perfecting my current set of skills, but also expanding them by trying out new skills. My previous work roles have always included a combination of both Marketing and Design and I feel that my skill set perfectly marries these two industries together. Additionally, Events Management and PR have always been a part of my career path, which gives me a perspective of the bigger picture involved to make a statement.
Above all, I completely believe in great communication being the key to moving forward in any respect and am proud of my ability to traverse cultural differences as I’ve lived, studied and worked in 4 different countries.
Email & Social Media Executive (June 2018 - Present)
Specialist Journeys (www.specialistjourneys.com) Salisbury, United Kingdom
Using my established experience in digital marketing in strategy, I deep dive into e-mail marketing strategy and execution to achieve overarching business goals. My responsibilities include:
- Planning content for the email marketing calendar
- A/B testing and optimising emails to improve open rates and click through rates
- Planning and executing social media content to achieve set goals
- Researching innovative ideas to improve upon the current digital marketing strategy
Marketing Manager & Creative Designer (July 2015 - May 2018)
The Letteroom (www.theletteroom.com), United Kingdom
True to my past experience in other small companies, I've relied on my abilities to pick up various roles very quickly. I’ve had to rely on my own initiative as my job encompasses skills from digital marketing, to running the company CMS and directing product photography, and even included product development.
While my skills as a designer were certainly a big part of my job, the other considerations as someone who has had experience in marketing and social media certainly came in to play as well.
- Managing the website CMS such as designing the homepage and other digital design based off smart insights into existing data.
- Hands-on website support, and helping to develop new features for the website in order to help innovate the Letteroom as a business and to achieve business goals.
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns.
- Planning e-mail marketing activity and executing them, including transactional e-mails
- Planning and execution of social media activity, both organic and paid. Ongoing research of new, innovative and cost-effective digital marketing solutions such as automated triggered e-mails, or paid social marketing and PPC strategies.
- Research into diversifying and expanding the business by exploring other platforms such as Etsy and Hardtofind, an Australian marketplace similar to Notonthehighstreet.
- SEO optimisation of products so they are easily found on these platforms.
- SEO optimisation of the website at large to ensure a smoother and value-added customer journey
Social Media Marketer & Packaging Designer (2013 - 2014)
Three Beauties of London, Singapore
I provide a number of services to Three Beauties which fit in the scope of marketing and design. Some of the job scope includes conceptualising and designing package design and branding, copywriting, consultation on marketing thrusts, social media management as well as a number of other tasks.
- Packaging design for beauty products and toiletries.
- Design of online marketing materials for social media.
- Copywriting for the packaging design and marketing materials.
- Design research and conceptualisation of products according to trends.
Production Coordinator (2011 - 2012)
Carbon Films, Singapore
Being a Production Coordinator demanded that I wear many hats whether it meant editing videos, managing clients’ demands or even organising flight details. As such, I am confident that I can tackle most challenges and make decisions on behalf of my company by relying on my own initiative. Amongst the clients I’ve worked with are Pond’s, Dove and Acuvue.
- Casting of talent for television commercials.
- Setting up the office infrastructure for use as the Singapore base for Carbon Films.
- Liaising between producers, directors and other members of the crew to ensure the smooth running of the production.
- Editing and presenting videos.
- Putting together keynote presentations and packages for viewing by producers.
- Organising flight and other travel arrangements for the production crew.
- Putting together documents and spreadsheets for day to day admin.
Marketing Assistant (2009)
For my final year of my Mass Communications Diploma, I was assigned to Sennheiser, a well-known audio company, for an internship position as marketing assistant. My duties consisted of designing advertisements as well as other collaterals for the company, as well as some administrative tasks.
Squared Online | Distinction in Digital Marketing Certification (2017)
London, United Kingdom
I chose to do an online course to gain a foundational understanding of the concepts that I had been dealing with on a daily basis at work. Squared Online was a perfect fit as its modules had been developed in tandem with Google and its instructors are key industry professionals. The course included modules that covered digital trends, multi-channel digital strategies, data and analytics amongst other highly relevant topics to today’s marketing sphere. I gained new insight into my everyday practices and was pleased to earn a Distinction.
Monash University | Bachelor’s Degree (2011)
Major in Communications - Studied communications ethics and policy, as well as theoretical courses that focused on the importance and application of new media.
Minor in Film - I gained experience in operating a camera (Sony XDCAM EX3) and lighting, as well as being a director and continuity person. I was also the sole video editor in all of my group film assignments.
Monash College | Diploma of Arts (Journalism, Human Behaviour and Communications) (2010)
I studied foundational and in-depth courses in sociology and journalism, as well as communication theory. I achieved a GPA of 3.13 for this course.
Ngee Ann Polytechnic | Diploma in Mass Communications (2009)
I majored in marketing, working in industry simulated conditions complete with a pitch to a major client (SingTel). I was also part of a team that conceptualised and executed a major event (Pitch) for a module in Events Management.
- Adobe Creative Suite, including:
- Adobe Illustrator | 10 years experience
- Adobe Photoshop | 10 years experience
- Adobe After Effects | 1 year experience
- E-mail Platforms | 3 years experience in both Adestra and Mailchimp (View examples of my work here)
- Squarespace | I have customised this website (www.najmahsalam.com) as well as others such as Rocket Wolf Studios (www.rocketwolfstudios.com) and Kitchen Table Fulfilment Company (www.kitchentablefulfilment.co)
- Word Processing Software | I'm highly competent not only in Microsoft Office, but also in the Apple equivalents (Numbers, Pages, Keynote) and Google Docs and Sheets
Interpersonal skills & Communication
Proofreading | I have excellent proofreading skills from a solid foundation in my Diploma in Mass Communications, to implementing it in my daily working life.
Touch Typing | I have been touch typing since I was nine years old.
Research & Data Analytics
- Google Analytics | Reading data and making actionable tasks based off the insight.
- SEO Keyword Planners | Usage of keyword planners to help inform the right SEO optimisation strategy.
- Marmalead (Etsy SEO Tool) | SEO Keyword Planning for Etsy, used both for professional and personal use to highly optimise Etsy listings.
- Print Design | Marketing collaterals such as catalogues, flyers and business cards.
- Packaging Design | Beauty products, nail varnish, toys, amongst others.
- Digital Marketing Design | Social media graphics, homepages, online banners.